1. What functions do the Aqara Water Leak Sensor have?
Aqara Water Leak Sensor detects water leak and flooding and monitors the status of water leak. When the water leak or flooding occurs, it sends an instant alert notification via app. It also works with other smart accessories to automate your home.
2. What's the working principle of Aqara Water Leak Sensor?
Aqara Water Leak Sensor makes use of the electrical conductivity of water. When two probes come into contact with water, a current loop is formed. At the same time, the sensor reports water leak/flooding status to the Hub and thereby trigger the alarm or turn on other intelligent devices connected with it to execute relevant actions.
3. How does the Aqara Water Leak Sensor communicate with the Hub?
Aqara Water Leak Sensor communicates with the Hub through Zigbee protocol without wiring. Zigbee technology is a short-distance and low-power consumption wireless communication technology. As the communication protocol for smart home control system, it has become popular in recent years. Compared to other communication protocols, it has the following advantages:
1) Ultra-low power consumption;
3) Ad hoc network, accommodating more sub-devices.
4. Why does the Aqara Water Leak Sensor fail to connect? How to reconnect?
1. Operation error. Please add the device according to the adding method again.
2. The device is too far apart from the Hub. Please move the device closer to the Hub.
3. There are too many devices under the Hub.
5. Why is the Aqara Water Leak Sensor offline often?
1. If the device is too far apart from the Hub, please test the distance between the sensor device and the Hub and install the device closer to the Hub.
2. Low battery or no battery. Please replace the battery.
3. The device is installed on the surface and the signal strength is interfered . Please avoid metal surface.
6. Can the Aqara Water Leak Sensor be used independently?
No, it can't. The Aqara Water Leak Sensor must work with Hub devices. Hub devices achieve the conversion between Zigbee and Wi-Fi signals.
7. What are the requirements for the installation of Aqara Water Leak Sensor?
The installation of Aqara Water Leak Sensor is simple and easy. You just need to place it on a surface that needs to be monitored.
8. Does the Aqara Water Leak Sensor support waterproof and dustproof function?
Yes, it does. The Aqara Water Leak Sensor reaches international IP67 waterproof and dustproof level and plays a protective role with respect to short-term flooding.
9. Where is the button of the Aqara Water Leak Sensor?
The button of the Aqara Water Leak Sensor is located at the center of the shell. Trigger the button by holding the top and bottom cover and pressing the "Water Drop" icon.
10. What position when the water level reach, the alarm will be triggered?
Alarm can be triggered when the water level detected reaches 0.5mm high.
11. Where is the antenna of the Aqara Water Leak Sensor?
The Zigbee antenna of the Aqara Water Leak Sensor is onboard antenna. It is right above the "Water Drop" icon.
12. What power supply mode does the Aqara Water Leak Sensor adopt?
1. If tThe Aqara Water Leak Sensor adopts CR2032 lithium metal button cell. The output voltage of the cell is 3V. Normally, the service life of the cell is about two years (The actual service life depends on specific circumstances).
13. How to reset the Aqara Water Leak Sensor?
Press and hold the reset button on the shell for 5s until the blue light flashes continuously to reset the Aqara Water Leak Sensor.