1. How to install Aqara Door and Window Sensor? Can I change the position of the sensor unit and the magnet unit?
1. Line up the primary sensor and the magnet according to the mounting line as shown in the user manual. Attach the primary sensor to the fixed surface and the magnet to the surface that will be opened;
2. The distance between the primary sensor and the magnet should be less than 22mm;
3. The exact position can vary, but ensure that the primary sensor and the magnet are installed in alignment.
4. Because of the complex nature of an indoor environment, adjusting the position of the sensor hub with the Door and Window Sensor can improve the overall result.
5. Be sure to avoid installing sensors on metal surfaces because of the adverse effect this can have on the signal.
2. Installation location and precautions.
Turn the magnet 90 degrees. It is better to install the sensor on a fixed door frame. Attaching the small magnet to the door is the best way to protect the sensor. Although the primary Door and Window Sensor should be less than 22mm from the magnet, they should not be installed too close together to avoid contact and the damage that may occur if they are knocked on to the ground.
3. What is the effective range between the Hub and the Aqara Door and Window Sensor?
In a complex indoor environment, This distance will need to be reduced if there is a wall between them to ensure good connectivity.
4. Why does the Aqara Door and Window Sensor fail to connect? How to reconnect?
1. Operation error. Please add the device according to the adding method again.
2. The device is too far apart from the Hub. Please move the device closer to the Hub.
3. There are too many devices under the Hub.
5. How to identify if the Aqara Door and Window Sensor works properly?
1. Poke the reset hole of the Door and Window Sensor with the eject pin. If the Hub makes voice prompts, "Normal link confirmed", it indicates that the Hub and the Door and Window Sensor communicates properly. Go to ②; If there is no voice prompts, please move the sensor closer to the Hub and try again. If there is still no voice prompt, the sensor might be deleted or it might run out of battery. Please refer to the device adding methods to add the device or replace the battery.
2. Please move the sensor unit close to the magnet unit and move away from the magnet for 2 or 3 times. Enter the home of Door and Window Sensor in app, refresh the device records (log). If there is related log, it indicates the device works properly.
6. What functions does the Aqara Door and Window Sensorhave?
1. Aqara Door and Window Sensor can be installed on the door or window to detect door and window status.
2. Works with other smart devices. If it detects that door/window opens or closes, it triggers other devices to turn on or off home appliances or to take other actions.
7. Why does the Aqara Door and Window Sensor not work sometimes?
1. The sensor unit and magnet unit might be too far away from each other. Please check the distance between them and the distance should be no more than 22mm.
2. The Hub might be too far away from the sensor. Make sure the gap between the sensor unit and the magnet unit is no more than 22mm. Press the reset hole with the eject pin at your desired location. If the Hub makes voice prompts, it indicates the Hub communicates effectively with the sensor. If not, please move the sensor closer to the Hub.
8. How can the Door and Window Sensor be reset? When should it be reset?
1. Push in and hold the reset hole on the device for 3 seconds. The indicator will flash 3 times before resetting to factory settings.
2. If a sensor needs to be paired with another sensor hub, it will need to be reset before the new pairing will succeed.